Lincoln Preservation Foundation
Historical Dates: 1752
Threat Level: Low
Location: Lincoln Road, northwest fork
Site of the first mill built at Goose Creek, Circleville was named by postmaster Thomas Brown in 1836 for the two semi-circle curves made by the old Lincoln-North Fork road. Joseph West, stone mason and brother of the famous American/British artist Benjamin West, built a stone bank barn and a log house here around 1750. The barn and a portion of the house still stand on Circleville Farm.