Lincoln Graded School

(now Catherine Marshall Center)

1/1
Category: Landmark
Historical Dates: 1879-present
Threat Level: Low
Location: Foundry Rd

 

Built in 1879, this building originally housed the two-room Lincoln Graded School (all ages). It served briefly as a high school but is best known as the former Lincoln Elementary School which operated on this site between 1915 and 1955. ln 1978 Mrs. Catherine Marshall, author of popular novels including "A Man Called Peter" and the “Christy” series, and widow of Reverend Peter Marshall (former chaplain of the Senate), purchased the building and established Breakthrough, Inc., an intercessory prayer ministry.

Historical Photos

Today

Detailed Information

 

(Coming soon)

References and Links

 

 

To Visit

 

 

 

© 2014 by ATEX Consulting. All rights reserved.

See an inaccuracy? Contact us!